Monday 2 September 2013

Happy Father's Day


I am so totally blessed in the Dad department. I have the best dad in the world, the coolest daddy for my boys & a Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally. That's 3 great men who have my back no matter what, so I think that makes me one very lucky lady :)


We aren't the greatest on gifts around here so we were really hoping that the thought would count with Stan's pressie this morning & luckily he was super chuffed with his moisturizer & Lindt truffles. As soon as he opened the choccies Mac divulged that "Mum had said to choose those ones so we could all have them for breakfast" lol...snapped! And his moisturizer ran out earlier on in the week so he was super happy to be able to have silky smooth skin again haha, it's the simple pleasures....

Oh & we also made him a homemade card & a slideshow. I had seen this awesome card idea on a blog I follow a couple of months back & thought that it shouldn't be too hard to recreate (here's the link to what the card was meant to look like here..)

But my kids had other ideas so this is the best shot I got before we all crashed & burned....

(Mac's wearing Stan's gym clothes if you can't tell)


After church we headed up to Grandies to tell him how much we love him & to give him his card & a couple of his favourite choccie bars. Mac gave him a crunchie & Spence gave him a moro, but both of them had real trouble with letting go of the bar as they were giving it to him lol....Of course I knew that'd be the case & that they'd want him to share his present with them straight away so I brought a 3rd choccie bar with me for them to half as soon as they'd given him their two....not that it stopped them from wanting his ones again as soon as they'd finished eating their own!!! 

Mac working on Grandie's card
All in all we were only able to stay at Grandies for 15 minutes max as they were up to their usual antics so had to be evacuated before anything got destroyed. 

Then after Spence's sleep it was off to Aunty Jose's for dinner with the Leones. How lucky I am to have a hubby who wants to make his own Father's Day dinner??!!! There's no way I'm gonna argue with that :) (Just on another note this guy has an obsession with Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. He loves watching Gordon go into those dumps of restaurants & turning them around. He's decided that he really wants to be a chef in his next life haha. I'd totally support that!!)


All & all it was a super fun day :) Thank goodness the boy's were feeling o.k yesterday cause since last night they've both gone down like flies!!! 

This was Spence at 10:30am this morning....


And Mac came straight home from school today, got into bed with his uniform still on & slept from 3:30-8pm & is now down at the A&E with Stan with a fever & a sore throat. Poor little guy :( Hopefully they both wake up feeling alot better tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Man Leone boys yous are so so so good looking!!! Hope they're on the mend asap, sick babies/kids are snuggly, but also sad to see :(

    ReplyDelete