Monday 22 September 2014

Spency's 3rd birthday xoxo

Man I can't believe our little baby is now 3 - not cause he's still so little or can't do much for himself - cause neither of those things are true!!! But just because I don't know where those 3 years have gone :( Slow down already precious boy!

I absolutely love getting to spend my days with this little man. He is so gentle & kind & so easy to handle when his big brother's away at school. We go to the gym in the morning & then come home for lunch & he'll watch some peppa pig - I swear he must know every episode off by heart he's watched them that many times, then we'll read some books, muck around for a bit & then head off to pick up Mac.

That was our routine until he started his 20 hours free last week I should say & now he's a big 9-3 daycare boy on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays :) This was him taking some little cupcakes to school to share with his friends on his birthday last Monday.....

Then after school we came home to open up his presents....just before I go into talking about what we got him though, I just have to say how pleasantly surprised I was that my kids don't seem to be too fixated on presents if they're not mentioned - & what I mean by that is that with the wedding & everything I've had on the few weeks, I didn't have a chance to get Spence's presents organized before the actual day....so I didn't have any pressies to give him when he woke up on his birthday morning & Mac didn't even ask anything about if there were any presents for him or where his presents were either. It was so cool! ... And then when I picked them up from school, they didn't mention anything again...so it was me who eventually said O.K it's time for presents now! I actually wonder if they would've even said anything if I hadn't mentioned it? I'm really not sure??

Anyway let's head onto the pics from present time....

Opening his spiderman bag :)


He was super duper chuffed with this pressie

And has had to wear it everywhere every day since!




Then we also got him a Pez Mickey Mouse dispenser thingy which he adored!! He asks for one every time we're at Farmers & I always say he can only have one on his birthday & Christmas so he was so happy that his birthday had arrived so he could finally get one!
And oh my gosh I don't know where it's gone already but I was totally meaning to keep the mickey mouse dispenser in a safe place so I only have to buy the lollies again at Christmas cause the whole dispenser thing was $6 - such a rip off for what it is!! (Mac was sweet as pie to him while he was opening this & trying to put the lollies in cause he was desperate for Spence to share them with him - which of course he did, little sweetie that he is!! Can only hope that Mac would do the same in return, but again I can't be sure!)

Chillin' out on his new Thomas bed, wearing his new basketball outfit :) I'm so annoyed we were so slack at setting up this bed for him (Mac got it for his 2nd birthday) cause he looks so cozy in it every night now! And he's alot bigger than Mac too so I'm not sure how long he'll be able to stay in it, but he loves it for now anyways :)



Boy oh boy do I love this little face! xxx

The boys welcoming & conducting for FHE that night 
(they always stand up on the entertainment unit to start us off)


So 3 things that I love about my handsome little Spence....

1. I ADORE how he's so loving & cuddly! He's always asking me to come & sit on the couch so he can cuddle up on my knee & have me read to him or watch something on tv.....I'd love to be able to say yes to him every time he asks, but some days it happens so often that if I said yes every time, I'd never get anything done! Oh & if I'm carrying him when we're out somewhere & it's windy & cold, I can just tell him to give me a big hug to keep me warm & he immediately wraps his arms around me so nice & tight. His cuddles really are the best! xx 

2. I love his chubby little body & cute big tummy that means he fills out all of Mac's clothes so much earlier than the age that Mac wore them. Love his little dimpled hands & gorgeous big (but still little) feet as well. They make me smile everytime I look at them :)

3. I love having him as my no 1 sidekick. We have alot of one on one time together & I love all the precious conversations we get to have while we're driving around in the car or when we're at the supermarket picking up the stuff for dinner. My little baby has such a kind & gentle heart & it's super cute how proud he always is to point out to people that McKay's his big brother :)

I love you my gorgeous little man. I'm so grateful I get to be your Mumma & my only wish would be that you could stay the age you are now forever cause you're just so darn cute in the way you look & all that you do & say! Happy 3rd birthday big boy!! xx

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this post and love your big 3 year old. Where do I start?!?!?!!? Funny that Mac was all sweet when the pez were being opened. haha, love the tactics. Yeah I'm bummed for him he's only just got the bed....looks awesome. Man if we got together for FHE we'd have 5 little critters standing on the entertainment unit!!!!! We always have 3 up there with a bit of biffo about who gets to do what! Love you Pence......you sure are sweet and cutesy to the max! xxx

    ReplyDelete