Thursday 17 May 2012

8 months

I just want to start Spence's 8 month post by saying that I think teeth are totally overrated! I wouldn't mind in the slightest if he just kept his gummy little smile forever & was left alone by all those nasty teething symptoms.... He's had all the usual telltale signs that teeth were on their way from about 3 months old cause I remember thinking "wow he's going to be one of those babies that gets teeth really early!" & now 5 months later he's still showing all the signs, but NONE of the teeth!!!! How very frustrating!!!! Surely they're just around the corner now?? Surely!!!

I counted the bibs I washed & folded today & it was a grand total of 13. 13 in one day is alot right! I think I'll try & remember to count how many we go through on the day of each monthly post from now on to see if things are getting better or worse? One things for sure - the day Spence is finally able to exist without a bib will be an extremely momentous occasion for his Mum lol. In fact I'll have to throw some kind of party to celebrate that milestone for sure!!


One thing that's definitely changed this month, is that the reason for him needing bibs. Up until now it's always been because of his spillyness (is that a word?). He's been spilly since birth so he's always needed to wear bibs & I've always had cloth nappies close at hand to clean up any of his mess, but the washing has dramatically reduced this past month as we don't seem to need those anymore (yay!) & he can stay in one outfit all day now that he's not spewing all over himself lol :).....It's just the bucketloads of drool that remain (it's comforting to know that someday this too shall pass as well though!!)
I really am loving the stage he's at right now. He's such a little ball of cuteness & although his crawling has really sped up since he started a few weeks ago, it's still commando styles & once he gets to something he wants he'll park up there for awhile before moving on to something else so I'm still managing to keep him under control (unlike his big brother!!). I did get the first tug on my pants while I was making dinner in the kitchen tonight though, so I might be having to get out the gate to block off the kitchen over this next month.




Even though he's still a real catnapper for his morning & afternoon sleeps, I SUPER love that he's goes down at 6 oclock every night without a fight & then usually gets up just in time for us to take Mac to kindy in the morning. I also love that when I lean into his cot to kiss him goodnight, it always brings a big grin to his face & makes his dummy pop out. He has a real talent for just rolling his head & picking it back up with his mouth too... He's usually too lazy to actually use his hands to get it & put it back in :)

Just this past week we had a cull of his clothes to get rid of all the stuff that he's grown out of over the last couple of months & this week we're also all ready to drop the exersaucer, activity ring & snap n go back to Mell :( I can't believe he's finished this stage already! My baby's growing up so quickly!! I love you precious xxx







    




No comments:

Post a Comment