Monday 9 December 2013

December is here!!


Man it's hard to believe that December is here already!! And 9 days in even!! Only 16 more sleeps till Christmas :) I'm hoping the next couple of weeks slow down a little bit though cause I'm nowhere near ready! 

All these pics below are from way back last Sunday on the 1st of December when the boys got their bag of goodies & a little letter from Ralph the Elf before church.... & then from later on in the afternoon when Mac & I put up the Christmas tree while Stan & Spence were having a little nap :) 
Spence trying on his new Elf costume for his creche party on Friday :)

Checking out the loot they found on the doorstep on the 1st day of the month....

Mac was pretty chuffed that he scored an advent calendar cause I'd been telling him that it'd be a good sign if the elves delivered him one of those (cause it would mean he's still in the running for Christmas presents from Santa - just cause Santa wouldn't bother dropping off an advent calendar to a kid whose been too naughty to get presents on Christmas day anyway lol)


He was happy with his hot wheels calendar, but he just had to check that Spence's Lightning McQueen one didn't have more choccies than his lol. Typical!!


Mac got a letter from Ralph the Elf, just reminding him that there are still a few weeks to go until Christmas so just to keep trying to be on his best behaviour....there was also a letter pack for him to write his letter to Santa & a little Christmas soft toy called Woof the dog who has been moving around the house keeping an eye on whether the boys are being naughty or nice for the past week ;)

I really wanted to get the official Elf on the Shelf from the States, but Stan wouldn't let me so Woof was the best I could do (I haven't got a picture of him here but I'll be sure to do a post with all his movements around the house closer to Christmas) 


Then in the afternoon when Stan & Spence fell asleep Mac & I got started with putting up the Christmas tree. Mac was super excited about being involved in this, so I had to be patient & let him put it together slowly even though it took about triple the time it would've if I'd just done it myself :) (For some reason he wanted to do it wearing his pirate costume??? Not quite sure what the connection is between pirates & Christmas though??!)


Intense concentration....



He did such a great job of helping out! I lost him once we'd got this far though cause I told him to go & play while I spread out all the branches & untangled the lights.... while I did that he got all preoccupied decorating his room with the spare decorations & tinsel I had said we wouldn't be using on the tree haha.

o.k well I'll post pics of the finished tree next time cause it's getting pretty late....but so exciting that it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, Ralph the Elfs writing looks exactly the same as yours.....lol ;) Cool piccies x

    ReplyDelete